How much time do you have?
Timer+ is a free app I use at least once a day. (I was using it Thursday at a Spring FFA Contest and amusing colleagues in Ag Education who know I have a reputation for being a bit of a nerd. That’s what inspired me to share how awesome it is.)
What makes it awesome?
- Tap the lightening bolt and quickly set a timer.
- Add timers you frequently use and create names for them. (I have 17 preset times and don’t know what the max is for the free version.)
- Have the option of reorganizing your timers
- Allows for multiple timers running at once. With this feature, you can even pause timers that are running.
- Seven different free sounds to use as tones for when time is up. I don’t like the Wood Block or Meditation for use in class because they are too subtle. My students really enjoy the elephant, but find the beeps to be annoying. An upgrade gets you more sounds.
What’s not so great?
- Remembering to make sure your iPad is not set to mute. If it is, you don’t get a sound when timers are done. It’s just a pop up alert on your screen.